CPR Trainer for Project Heart Start
The CPR trainer will over-see the Project Heart Start program. The goal is to train every able New Mexican how to perform CPR and use an AED. In addition, this position will support other foundation initiatives as needed. The coordinator must present a positive image of the NMHI Foundation to the public, patients, health care professionals, donors and sponsors.
- • Train the public in CPR, use of an AED, the Heimlich maneuver and the signs of a heart attack.
- • Responsible for overall marketing strategies including TV, Radio, social media and printed media for Project Heart Start
- • Management of Project Heart Start’s website and social media platforms
- • Develop and maintain relationships with other business partners to foster all city, statewide and regional growth of NMHI Foundation’s Project Heart Start Program
- • Must possess strong organizational, time management skills and the ability to prioritize projects and work in a fast paced, frequently crisis driven environment
- • Efficiency in all Microsoft Office programs
- • Experience in event planning and coordination
Job Type: Part-time
Salary: $15.00 to $15.50 /hour
Please email resume to firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Clinical Practice
- Responsible for the day to day operations of the Cardiac Rehabilitation and secondary prevention programs of the Wellness Center. This includes patient assessment, treatment plan, education and exercise session development and supervision, implementation of secondary prevention strategies and coordination of care.
- Provides patient testing and assessment before and after rehabilitation.
- Recognizes contraindications and abnormal patient responses to exercise. Responds appropriately to all situations including exercise cessation and referral to medical professionals.
- Monitor patient comfort level, soliciting verbal feedback
- Documents daily sessions, progress reports, and individualized treatments.
- Ensures correct charging practices
- Administration and interpretation of various assessment tools such as:
- Manual blood pressure
- 4 and 12 lead telemetry
- Graded exercise testing
- Blood glucose testing
- Pulse oximetry
- Assist in maintaining a safe, clean and encouraging environment to include identification and correction of potential injuries or problems
- May perform group exercise activities
- Perform other related duties as assigned.
- Maintain confidentiality in matters relating to patient/family.
- Interact with patients/families with a variety of developmental and sociocultural backgrounds in a manner that facilitates security and healing.
- Review and disseminate pertinent health information from medical records.
- Maintain medical records and patient exercise information in a HIPPA compliant manner.
- Maintain professional relationships and convey relevant information to other members of the healthcare team within the facility and any applicable referral agencies.
- Bachelor’s degree in exercise-related field
- Current Basic Life Support certification at time of hire
- Cardiac Rehabilitation experience preferred
- Highly personable and self-motivated
- Ability and willingness to demonstrate and maintain competency as required for job title assignment.
Please email resume to Omarn@newheartnm.com.